About the Investment Plan for Europe
The European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI), i.e. the Investment Plan for Europe, is an opportunity for Latvian entrepreneurs to attract investments for the funding and implementation of strategic projects with a high economic, environmental and social added value with the participation of the European Investment Bank.
The funding of the European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI) can be received for investment projects starting from EUR 50 mln. by attracting the funding of the European Investment Bank.
EFSI funding can be attracted for investment platforms:
- projects, the amount of which does not exceed EUR 50 mln., can be united into groups, i.e. investment platforms, by creating funds, in which the European Investment Bank can invest;
- small and medium enterprises (SME) can receive funding in the form of financial instruments (loans, guarantees, venture capital) with the aid of the European Investment Fund for the implementation of projects of a smaller volume, using ALTUM investment platforms.
EFSI funding investments can be received for projects in the following sectors: research; development and innovations; energy; transport infrastructure; development and introduction of information and communication technologies; effectiveness of environment and resources; culture; education and health.
ALTUM is a national contact point in Latvia for project promoters and developers for cooperation with the European Investment Advisory Hub (EIAH) created within the framework of the European Fund for Strategic Investments.
ALTUM as a national contact point :
- provides information about the European Strategic Investment Fund investment opportunities in Latvia;
- provides advice to promoters of projects who eligible for co-funding by the European Investment Bank, about the initial eligibility assessment;
- informs the project developers about European Investment advisory centre and its services;
- provides consultative support to potential project promoters about the initial information in preparation for submission to the European Investment advice centre.