Key Financial Data, Operational Volumes and Results
|Key financial data||2017||2016||2015||
|Net income from interest, fees and commission (TEUR)1)||11,602*||11,024||16,419||11,554||11,602*|
|Profit (period) (TEUR)||8,709*||2,170||4,924||4,092||8,709*|
|Cost to income ratio (CIR) 2)||50.3%*||88.4%||55.8%||77.1%||50.3%*|
|Total assets (TEUR)||453,668*||443,400*||406,918||495,939||453,668*|
|Tangible common equity (TCE)/total tangible managed assets (TMA) 3)||35.1%*||36.5%*||37.3%||31.7%||35.1%*|
|Equity and reserves (TEUR)||222,848*||210,406*||199,610||221,590||222,848*|
|Total risk coverage 4) (TEUR):||67,593*||66,508*||41,021||77,815||67,593*|
|Risk coverage reserve (TEUR)||62,651*||63,636*||40,662||85,276||62,651*|
|Risk coverage reserve used for provisions (TEUR)||-4,753||-4,323||-1,276||-19,268||-4,753|
|Portfolio loss reserve (specific reserve capital) (TEUR)||9,695||7,195||1,635||11,807||9,695|
|Liquidity ratio for 180 days 5)||482%*||449%||352%||227%||482%*|
|Financial instruments (gross value)|
|Outstanding (TEUR) (by financial instrument)|
|Venture capital funds 8)||62,299*****||64,785*****||44,378*****||59,698||62,299*****|
|Number of contracts||14,402||11,449||8,901||18,280||14,402|
|Volumes granted (TEUR) (by financial instrument)|
|Venture capital funds||2,638||21,356||18,798||4,149||2,638|
|Number of contracts||4,697||4,461||2,819||5,464||4,697|
|Leverage for raised private funding 6)||185%||162%||104%||162%||185%|
* Due to change of accounting policy regarding investments in venture capital funds and adoption of IFRS 9 requirements that effects the accounting of public funding risk coverage the comparatives for 2017, 2016 and 2015 have been restated.
** TMA includes off-balance sheet item outstanding guarantees.
*** Liqudity ratio calculation takes into account previous experience and management estimate of expected amount and timing of guarantees claims.
**** Issued loans.
***** The Venture Capitals Funds presented at their gross value.
1) Net Income from Interest, Fees and Commission consists of the following items of the Income statement: Net Interest Income and Net Commission Income. The indicator demonstrates operating income of ALTUM Group.
2) Cost to Income Ratio (CIR) is calculated by dividing the sum of the Personnel expenses, Administrative expenses and Depreciation of intangible assets and property, plant and equipment by Operating income before operating expense included in the Income Statement. CIR is the indicator for establishing efficiency of the operating activities.
3) Tangible Common Equity (TCE)/Tangible Managed Assets (TMA)
Tangible Common Equity (TCE) is calculated by subtracting from Total equity the Revaluation reserve of available for sale investments.
The Total Tangible Managed Assets (TMA) include the total assets of ALTUM Group adding the guarantees entered into the off-balance and taking into account the provisions for guarantees from which the following is subtracted: Deferred expense, Accrued income, Property, plant and equipment, Intangible assets, Other assets and Available for sale assets.
The items used to calculate both indicators (TCE, TMA) are included in the following financial statements of ALTUM Group: Statement of Financial Position and Statement of Changes in Equity, and in the following notes: Off-balance items and contingent liabilities and Provisions. TCE/TMA are used assess the Group’s capital adequacy.
4) Total Risk Coverage is the net funding available for covering of the expected credit losses of the state aid programmes implemented by ALTUM. The Total Risk Coverage is the sum total of Risk Coverage Reserve and Portfolio Loss Reserve (Specific Reserve Capital) less Risk Coverage Reserve Used for Provisions. The expected losses are estimated before implementation of the respective state aid programme and a portion of the public funding intended for coverage of the credit risk losses expected in the respective state aid programme is either transferred to the Portfolio Loss Reserve that is the Group’s specific reserve capital or accounted for separately as provisions for risk coverage under liabilities’ item Risk Coverage Reserve. The Portfolio Loss Reserve (specific reserve capital) is included in the Note on Reserves to the financial statements of ALTUM Group. While the Risk Coverage Reserve is included in the Note on Support Programme Funding and State Aid to the financial statements of ALTUM Group. The Risk Coverage Reserve Used for Provisions is the amount of the Risk Coverage Reserve allocated to and used for provisioning for impairment of the loan portfolio and guarantees which in its turn is included in the Note on Loans and Note on Provisions to the financial statements of ALTUM Group.
Total Risk Coverage is a key indicator for assessment of the risk coverage in the state aid programmes implemented by ALTUM and long-term financial stability of the Group.
5) The liquidity ratio for 180 days is calculated by dividing the sum of Due from other credit institutions and Treasury with a maturity of up to 1 month and Investment securities – available for sale by sum of Total liabilities maturing within 6 months and Total financial liabilities maturing within 6 months (off-balance item). The data required for calculation of the liquidity ratio for 180 days are included in the following financial statements of ALTUM Group: Financial Position Statement and notes – Off-balance items and contingent liabilities and Maturity analysis of assets and liabilities. The liquidity ratio for 180 days represents ability of ALTUM Group to honour its obligations in due time with currently available liquid assets.
6) Leverage for raised private funding indicates the amount of additional private funds invested in a project on top of funding provided by ALTUM. Leverage is determined considering the funding invested by a private co-financier and a project’s implementer on top of ALTUM’s funding, which, on average, makes up to 50 per cent for loans, up to 70 per cent for guarantees and venture capital (except for the first instalment of the Housing Guarantee Programme where the ratio is 795 per cent).
7) Average number of employees in the period excluding members of the Council and the Audit Committee.
8) The Venture Capitals Funds presented at their gross value.